30/11/2011

Head To Toe


Sandy Matching


Sandy: This is one of those times I wish I would have started this blog earlier. I don't have any making of pictures of this outfit I made last year. 

I wanted to wear a pattern from head to tow. But that's one of those things that magazines advertised as a big trend, yet it is difficult to actually find in any shops. At least for a reasonable price…

I bought a big long plaid skirt for 1€ from a sale at UFF. Very reasonable. 
I cut about half of the length and used the rest of the fabric to make the bolero. I never make clothes from scratch but this was easier than Iris in The Taxi Driver. The only problem was I didn't have a lot of fabric to work with. Thats why the sleeves are short which luckily looks totally intentional with the shirt couffs showing. 

Wendy: More intentional than the ill-fitting movie reference.

Sandy: I also like to mix patterns though it's a bit more difficult. Here I think I did a better job than usual, combining two geometric patterns of the same tones of grey.

PS. Sorry about the lack of shoes in my posts. I take the pictures indoors without my boots on, most of the time.

Sandy Mixing



No comments:

Post a Comment