08/11/2011

Halloween Outfit




Wendy

Wendy: I didn't go to any Halloween party this year.

Sandy: Me either. I sort of forgot all about it.

Wendy: I didn't forget but I couldn't go. And it seemed stupid to wear a costume without a party at my age. But I did wear an outfit that was more on the dark side than usual. If you'd throw on a witch hat it could almost be a costume.

Sandy: It would be the kind of costume you look at parties and think "there's someone who didn't make an effort".

Wendy: I think dressing up a little is much nicer that not dressing in costume at all. So you're not in the best costume competition but you don't interfere with the atmosphere.

Anyway, this outfit is my solution to a problem I've had with this shirt. It is so recognizably Marimekko (second hand) that it bothered me. No matter what I tried to wear it with it still looked like Marimekko and not me. But the west teems to take the edge off. I tend to prefer clothes that don't carry a strong brand image. I want people to recognize me in my clothes - not a brand or even a designer.

Speaking of designers the bow is unique hand made by SalSa Design. I ended up not wearing the bow because it was too busy with the sripes and I wanted something more simple this time but it's one of my favorite accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment