10/10/2011

Moomin Bag (Tutorial)

Sandy with Moomin



Sandy: I found this blue mess that once was an umbrella in the ditch. I took it washed it in the tub and threw away the (broken) metal parts. (In the recycling bin, not the ditch.)

So, in the likely event you encounter a similar tossed-away umbrella, here's a tutorial.


1. The plastic had holes in it so I didn't have as much material to use as the picture would suggest. (I didn't take any actual before pictures since it was before I started this blog.)

Before Before

Simply cut out the sides and the strap.

Hei Muumit!


2. Sow the pieces together. You don't have to worry about threading, it's plastic! 
I used the snap from the umbrella to close the bag.

I still had enough material and an old zipper to make a small clutch / pocket book. (I don't know why it looks so shiny and wrinkly in the photo.)

Sandy's Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment